Wednesday, November 16, 2005


Yay for winter fruits!

I love persimmons. They are such an acquired taste. They have a scent that lies somewhere between old socks and moldy underwear.

...

(You guys have to hate me. Why do you read this blog? I am so vulgar.)

Anyway. Moving on.

So, there's this woman – Mrs. Woo – that works with my mother, and Mrs. Woo loads my mother up with persimmons every years. I love Mrs. Woo, though I have never met her. But I love her, for she brings the persimmons. She grows Jiro persimmons, and this year they were huge, but alas, not as many as in the previous years before.

I only have four left, and my heart is sad.

The guavas were given to us by another family friend, but I feel we've been had. I keep reading that they continue to ripen off the tree but... no? Not so much? They're still just as icky and puckery as they were two weeks ago when we got them, and not at all nice and pink and faintly strawberry-ish like they should be. I am so guava-gipped.


Breakfast: Two persimmons, one guava & toast with raspberry preserves.

3 Comments:

At 2:25 AM, Blogger Colleen said...

I wouldn't call what I did cooking. More like slicing and toasting and spreading ;) But I do love to cook ;)

 
At 4:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think would die if I ate that. My body would revolt from the lack of dead animal in that breakfast. Ha!

 
At 6:17 PM, Blogger Colleen said...

You could always pretend that the jelly was still made using hooves and antlers, if it makes you feel any getter ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home