Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Last night, Sarah gave me a cell phone.

Now before you think, "Aw, how sweet!" No, no – this was not out of the kindness of her heart, this was because she owes me $110 and she's doing everything in her power to avoid giving me cash. A few weeks ago, she tried to fob off a $50 Old Navy gift card on me. As much as I love Old Navy, I love cash more.

I almost refused the phone, but then it occurred to me that I actually need a cell phone. So here I am, 26 years old and my sister has just taken my cell phone virginity.

It's a cute little phone. Verizon. Takes pictures, plays songs, has an Internet connection and junk. Only thing that sucks is that she had originally purchased the phone for her boyfriend, but apparently he "hasn't been behaving" lately, so she didn't want to give it to him, so all but two of the free music credits had already been used downloading music/ring tones for him. Her boyfriend and I don't exactly have the same taste in music. Heh.

But other than that, it's neat, even if it does have one of those hideously annoying leather phone condoms that I hate. I'm sure I'll obsess over it for the next few weeks, wondering if I've lost it every ten minutes, like I do every time I have a cell phone near my proximity.

Oh yeah, and I broke my bed last night. Yeah, I wish it had been in a sexy, sexy way. No, I just leaned my full weight on a joint in just such a way that it must have hit a weak point in the wood (I have a wooden bed frame) and one of the posts just splintered at the bottom.

I'd take a picture of the woody, splintery carnage but, well, I'm lazy and I don't want to get up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home